Thursday, January 26, 2012

I AM NUMBER FOUR...

...Is what I'm reading at the moment.
I haven't seen the film but I do love Dianna Agron because she's stunning and gorgeous and everything that I'm not. Same with the whole Glee cast.

Anyway, I'm only up to chapter 5 in the book, but it's so good.
The main character (John) just moved to Ohio (that's where McKinley High is!). And when he thinks of Ohio, he thinks of "cows and corn and nice people". And on the license plates in Ohio, it says "The Heart Of It All".
Yes, okay, I like reading things about Ohio. Shut up. I'm obsessed with Glee, and everything related to it.

Anyhoo, John reaches Ohio, and goes to school. (The city is called Paradise, not Lima. Damn.)
And he meets a girl (Sarah, but I shall call her Quinn) who is very friendly and likes taking photos. John thinks that Quinn is the prettiest girl he's ever seen (duh!) and is in awe of her (like me!). Quinn used to be a cheerleader and dated the quarterback (like Glee!) but when she quit the cheerleading group (preggerz maybe?), she dumped her boyfriend.
Oh and the new kid, John, goes to his first class and it's Astronomy. Guess who's in the class? Quinn! Reminds me so much of Fabrevans, hahahaha.

Yeah, I was reading it at the races in Kyneton. While drinking a blue slushie. Moarrr Fabrevans references!
Sam and Quinn's first conversation was after Sam got slushied, and Quinn said that once she had been hit with a blueberry slushie and she looked like a creature out of Avatar. :D

And then I betted on some horse called Bullseye Wade. I didn't realise it was 9 years old when I chose it. Oops.
It came last. :(
But yeah. I chose it because it reminded me of the lovely Matthew Wade who will replace Bad Haddin some day. SOME DAY. Mark my words, my little Wadey will be ready to rumble when the next Ashes rolls around. :P

And yeah.
The Aussies are doing well in the cricket.
I didn't watch it today, but Siddle got a five-faaaa (Victorians ftw~!) and they bowled out India for under 300.
But unfortunately one Indian (Kohli) got a century. The first century for an Indian player this series. Wow.
And yay Pup! I like how he respects his bowlers and doesn't choose to send India into bat again. That's so nice. :D
Also, Dave Warner did okay in the 2nd innings, making about 28. Cowan did alright too, but it's Marsh that's letting the team down. He got a duck. Again. jfc, he's working so hard for that Jack Shite Medal. I reckon he's got it in the bag, now that Haddin has proved he can bat*.

And yeah.
I listened to some of the Hottest 100 on Triple J.
I picked Gotye for number 1, so GO ME. (Even though everyone else would've done the same, hahaha whatever).
I also picked some Wombats songs in my Top 10 (heaps of them) and I know some Wombats songs made the list. YAY.
Also, Shake It Out by Florence and the Machine got #13, I think. :D
And I picked Lisa Mitchell's song for my Top 10, but I don't know if it was on there. Matt Corby's song got number 3, so that's pretty good for a ex-Australian Idol person. Or maybe that one fan** was voting over and over again. Who knows?

*And by "bat", I mean making a decent score against some not-so-good bowling and not very well-placed fielders. Bravo, Haddin. Good luck making that score against Sri Lanka, or even England.

**It was probably Marcia Hines or one of the other judges. Kyle, maybe? Dicko? Mark Holden? idk idk, whatever, they probably think that if an Aus Idol contestant made it in the Top 10, then Aus Idol may come back and they will get their jobs back. :P. Oh wait, Kyle got sacked, didn't he? Well, the other three will get their jobs back. Hahaha.

No comments: