Thursday, June 11, 2009

GAT AND GEORGE CLOONEY AND ROVE AND JACK WATTS AND BEES.

I did the GAT today.
Along with all the other Year 12's in Victoria (and all the people doing a year 12 subject).
If you aren't in Victoria, the GAT is a General Achievement Test (which is pointless but whatev) where there is 70 multiple choice questions and two essay to write.

Anyway, this year, some year 12's in Victoria decided it would be good idea to pull a stunt in the GAT. Not an outrageous stunt. Not a stunt that will mess up their score.
No. It was a stunt where anyone doing the GAT had to somehow say something about George Clooney in one of their essays. (Mainly the point of view essay because I doubt George Clooney can relate to bees but w/e).
I lol'd when I found this out.
The examiners' minds will be messed up, LOLLL.

And yeah.
Btw~, there was an informative essay and a point of view essay to write. The informative one was on bees. Bees make almonds and apples and oranges and honey (ORLY?) and cotton and all sorts of other foods. :)
js.
Speaking of bees, Jack Watts has a Dream Team. And his symbol (for the team) is a bee. So, Jack Watts would like bees. And he did the GAT today so he would have loved the informative essay, lol.

Y'know what would be awesome?
If Jack Watts was on Before The Game on Saturday.
Because he's such an awesome player, js. And he would be funny too. idek.

I had two exams this week.
Accounting and Chemistry.
Chemistry was freakin' hard. Some people in my class didn't even get to finish all the questions. I did. But I mainly guessed the questions. For example: "Why is sucrose more soluble?" My answer: "Because it's sugar...?"
Oh and there was a question where it was like, "A student wanted to dilute some HCl. But they accidentally grabbed the NaOH instead of the distilled water." And I wrote next to it: "LABEL YOUR BEAKERS!!!" LOLLL. Because my year 11 Chemistry teacher goes (a week before the exam): "Just remember what you've learned." WELLLLL, VCAA, THAT'S WHAT I'VE LEARNED SO PUT THAT IN YOUR PLASTIC CUP AND CHEW IT; also, can I have an A+, I love you, I'll bake you cookies...?

And the Accounting exam was much easier (well, I chopped down more trees and did more practice exams for Accounting but still).
WOW, this post is really long, sorry.
ROVE IS ON SUNDAY NIGHT. With the fabulous Lily Allen (omigod, hopefully she wears sparkly shoes again, lol, omg).
And Ross Noble and Isabel Lucas are also on. So, if you like them, you should totally watch Rove, kk.
WAAAAAAAIT - is Isabel Lucas the one who went to Japan or something and campaigned against whales and then the Japanese hated her or something? idk.
Someone pls tell me. PLS?

6 comments:

nachturnal said...

Sucrose is more soluble, because it had a higher ratio of hydroxyl groups to carbon, than did the other molecule. Whatever the hell it was.

:P

Some of the other students' replies to Operation Clooney. I suggest you look them up on Google.

Laura said...

LOL.
I fail at Chemistry.
Brb, googling Operation Clooney, lmao.

sam_daisy said...

I hope ya did very well.
LOL ok now i no wat everyone is talkin bout ROFL
haha everyone was talkin bout this nd im like WTF haha.
Really bees sting me so i dont like them.
um how do you associate jack watts with bees?
Oh ok ok i get it now forget my last question lol.
LOL dont worry id be stuffed if i took that exam.
haha. thats a good answer.
chopped treess?
oh ok.
haha. yer well look how long my comment is nearly as long as ur blog.
NFI i dont like h+A stars.

JESSICS said...

The chem exam was hard again? Last year (when I was in year twelve) it was disgustingly hard. D= And so I definitely had an answer where I told the students they should label stuff, and I remember there was one question I had about a thousand lines of working out for that were all just so amazingly wrong. xD

JESSICS said...

AND THEN I meant to comment on the fact that our GAT was nowhere near as fun last year. I'm proud of this year's year twelves (and some elevens) and their ability to bring silly to an otherwise incredibly boring exam. Thing.

The GAT so doesn't count as an exam.

Laura said...

The Chem exam is always hard, apparently. Last year, people at my school came out crying because it was so bad.
And this year, we all came out and laughed because, well, we know we suck. :|.

Yeah, the GAT is pointless. I'm glad that I never have to do another GAT. THANK GOD.