Friday, February 1, 2008

MY STORY WITH NO BRAND NAMES....

Melted cheese oozed into my mouth as I ate the last of my toasted sandwich. I just had to make another one. I got out the Bega cheese and the Heinz baked beans and started to make it. Until something caught my eye.

On the TV, there was an ad for McDonalds. A guy was enjoying a toasted sandwich. I finished making my toasted sandwich, ate it and raced out to my Mitsubishi Lancer. I drove towards the closest McDonalds. I ran in and asked for a toasted sandwich.

“Oh, could I have a Granny Smith apple, too?” I asked.

“Sure.” The girl handed me an apple and the toasted sandwich.

I sat down at a table and ate them, while reading the Herald Sun.

I got home about an hour later. My husband was sitting on the couch that we had recently bought at Ikea.

“How’s the Panasonic going?” I asked, nodding to the TV.

“Good.”

“I was thinking about going to Safeway,” I said.

“Okay. Get some beetroot. The Golden Circle brand is the best.”

“Sure is,” I said, smiling.

I drove to Safeway and parked next to a brand new Holden.

“Whoa, I’d hate to crash into that car,” I said to myself.

I walked into the store and went down to the fruit and vegetables. The Lebanese cucumbers were so expensive. I grabbed a Continental one and went to the deli.

“I’d like some ham, please,” I told the guy.

“What sort?”
“Um, do you have Ingham ham?” I asked, “Actually I’ll have the shaved ham.”

I received my ham and went to the biscuit aisle. There was a child there and his mum. The child was screaming.

“I want the iced Volvos!” he screamed.

“No. You can’t have them!” said the mother, sternly.

“I want them!”

I took a packet of Iced Vo-Vo’s and looked at the packet closely. The child was mispronouncing the word. He said ‘Volvo’ not ‘vo-vo’.

I gave the child a strange look and walked away.

I arrived home with all the groceries and my husband was still watching the cricket.

“Hey sweetie,” he called to me.

“How’s the cricket going?” I said, putting away some White Crow tomato sauce.

“Good. Australia is winning but I am sick and tired of the Ford ads. There are too many.”

“Oh well. They are sponsors of the cricket.”

“Did you buy Pura milk?” he asked.

“Oops,” I said, “I’ll walk down to the milk bar now.”

I got to the milk bar and grabbed some milk. Then I noticed they sold Nippy’s iced chocolate here. I grabbed one too and headed to the counter.

The guy in front of me had heaps of Cadbury chocolates. The total came to about two hundred dollars. Whoa.

I bought my purchases and went home. I drank the iced chocolate while walking through the park. I sat on a bench and watched a little girl drink some Diet Coke and shove some Mentos in her mouth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOO!
Mentos and diet Coke make your insides EXPLODE! D:

..Not really.
But Coca-Cola actually used to contain small amounts of cocaine! Fact! There's lots of sciencey stuff about why, but there was only a trace amount, and nowadays there's none whatsoever. :]
/Miri's Random Fact #918722