Saturday, May 8, 2010

COLLINGWOOD VS NORTH MELBOURNE.

So, yesterday, Collingwood thrashed North Melbourne by 66 points. :D.

And this guy (Steele Sidebottom, aka Rusty, who is in the picture above) was AWESOME. He kicked 5 goals and the commentators were all like, "It's his birthday!" (It wasn't really his birthday, lol).

And during the match, ads would on after every goal and at quarter time, half time and three quarter time. (As per usual).
But one ad that was frequently played was an ad for Steel boots. ("Steel" is the company, I think. The boots aren't made out of steel).
And it was funny, 'cause Rusty was playing really well. (Maybe he was wearing those boots, hmm...).

Anyway, Rusty won the plasma TV for being the best player on ground (according to the commentators).
Although, the commentators mentioned that they were going to give the TV to Dane Swan or Heath Shaw, but seeing as Swan and Shaw probably have a house full of plasma TV's due to ALWAYS being the best on ground, the commentators gave the TV to Rusty. :D.


And I made this Clerihew poem:
Steele Sidebottom
Mother's Day, he had forgotten
So, he kicked 5 goals at the 'G
And won her a big plasma TV




And even though Collingwood thrashed North Melbourne, the player above (not Harry, I mean the REALLY REALLY blonde one) played really well. His name is Ben Warren and he kicked 2 goals. :D.

And I totally think little Benny, here, should get a whole Aker haircut, and grow a nice brown beard. And he'll do a couple of handstands and complain about the size of the ball, and there you have it - another Jason Akermanis. ^____^

(Seeing as Aker is probably retiring at the end of this year, we need another Aker running around on the field, y'know).

Ah, good times. ;).

EDIT: I just realised I didn't write anything about my bf. Oops. Well, here goes: Dale Thomas kicked a goal and played really well, and if Swannie, Shaw and Rusty weren't playing, Dale may have gotten that big plasma TV. Oh and also, Dale got 106 points for my Dream Team and it got doubled because he is my captain. Yay.

2 comments:

Sir Miffington Quack Quack said...

Dale Thomas IS quite awesome. I'm pretty sure my great aunt is friends with his mum actually, but don't quote me on that...

Laura said...

Your great aunt is friends with his mum?!
Oh, I wish I knew someone who was friends with Dale's mum. It would make stalking so much easier, lol.