Sunday, December 11, 2011

AUS v NZ, Test, Day 4.

In my previous post, I predicted the outcome of Day 4 of the 2nd Test between Australia and the Kiwis.

I got two of them right: Warner made a century and the middle order collapsed.

Young Warner making his first Test century! :D

I got one half-right: J-Pat got Man of the Series, not Man of the Match.
I got another half-right: Khawaja made 44... divided by 2, and plus 1.
And sadly, it wasn't Starsky nor J-Pat with the winning runs.

It was a real nail-biter, and very nerve-wrecking.
Warner was the only one who made over 30, the rest couldn't do much. Some went for ducks, some went for golden ducks, and some just failed to make more than 10.

In the end, it was down to a gutsy Nathan Lyon (a.k.a. Lord Nate 2.0) who held in there for so long and was a good partner while Warner made the runs.
Warner and Lyon made around 30 runs, and had 7 runs left, when Lyon was clean bowled. :/

It was a good loss, because now the selectors can drop the old guys, and bring in some bright and fresh players.

My ins and outs:
In - Twatto, Wade, some other uninjured player (maybe Dan Christian, or T-Pain).
Out - Haddin.

I really want to write MHuss and Ponting in the "out", because they are not performing like they should. By being in the team, they are stopping young talented cricketers from being chosen.
But I can't.
MHuss has been so good in the past. He's saved our necks, he's held the team together. (Not recently, but you know, whatever).
And Ponting... he's a legend, they can't drop him. I know he should've retired long ago (yesterday, to be exact) but he's had so much success, as captain and as a batsman.
Blah.
I'm so glad that I am not a selector.

That's it for now.
Bye.

No comments: