Sunday, November 21, 2010

HARRY POTTER - DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1.

Omg, you guys, OH MY GOD.
I went to see the Harry Potter movie today and it was AWESOME.

Okay, so I may review it and release some spoilers but I'll try not to.

So, even though the tickets were $17 or some ridiculous amount like that (SERIOUSLY! I even showed my concession card and it's STILL expensive. The adult tickets were $20. wtf.), I was still excited, y'know.

THEN, the movie started and it was kinda sad with Hermione leaving her parents. :(.
But the whole movie was kind of like that, being all solemn and suspenseful. The movie ended in a "What will happen next?" way (which was probably done to get people to watch the second half next year.)

There were two really sad moments. (spoilers are in white writing, k?)
When Hedwig came to save Harry from the Death Eaters and died, that was pretty sad. She just fell to the ground, cos one of the Death Eaters probably used a Stunning spell or something.
But they didn't go into much detail around this death, which was kind of good, cos I didn't want to flood the cinema. ;_;

Then, Dobby died at the end of this movie. ;_;
They showed Harry crying over Dobby's dead body, then Luna came over, then they buried him in the sand. IT WAS SO SAD. Dobby was like my favourite character (as well as Luna and Hedwig). WHY. :(.

Anyhoo, the scariest part was the bit at Godric's Hollow. I won't bother going into explanation but it was SCARY.

But yeah, it was a good movie. Seriously.
I really recommend you all go see it.
Like, it helps if you read the book, but even if you don't, I think you'll still know what's going on.

It's really well set out and very graphic and, except for the part where they are running through the forest and the camera goes all jerky, it's pretty clear what's happening. :)

And even if you are a bit of a cheapskate, I still recommend it. Just buy some cheap lollies from Safeway or something, or go without food.
It's 2 and a half hours (which may seem long), but it's so engrossing and you'll love every minute of it. And go to the toilet beforehand, you will not want to miss a thing.

Luna Lovegood was so good in it. She's still my favourite character. :P
I kind of wanted her and Harry to get married but whatever.

J.K. Rowling may be a good author, but she kills off some of my favourite characters and doesn't arrange the couples very well. :(.
(Although, Ron and Hermione are okay together. I like them both so I'm happy.)

And yeah.
Go see it. NOW.

3 comments:

ЯANdOM ЯAWR said...

I told the ticket person that I was under fifteen so they only charged me $12 :P
Yes, I sure did love every moment of it! I agree - J.K. Rowling should have made some better couples, like, Neville and Luna should've ended up together.

Laura said...

Yes, I know! Neville and Luna would've been perfect! And I was also hoping for Harry and Luna too. :(

I should've said I was 12. Haha. It's not like my concession card had my birth date on it. :P

Laura said...

Thanks!