Thursday, July 14, 2011

Heath Shaw. :/

Ugh.
8-week suspension for Heath Shaw, for betting on Nick Maxwell kicking the first goal in Round 9.
8 weeks, from Round 17 to 24.
I hope he learns his lesson, and doesn't do anything silly for the next 8 weeks, so that he doesn't have to carry out the full 14 weeks. That would suck.

But due to my optimism and looking on the bright side, here are the positives:
  • He learned his lesson from that other scandal, the drunk driving thing. I don't think Heath will LIE about this, DENY that he had this bet. That would get him in a much bigger pickle.
  • My Supercoach team is already crap, I knew that already. I'm on the bottom, or near to it, and I just made a substitution for Heath Shaw. All is well, on that account.
  • It's about time Shaw had a rest, he's been a super player, always playing well, working hard, dishing out instructions to everyone, including the coach and captain. There are several younger players, waiting in the wings, ready to play. S.Bucks and Goldsack, maybe Macaffer could play Shaw's role?
  • My Dream Team doesn't have Heath Shaw. That's gotta be a good thing, right? RIGHT?!
  • He can still play in the finals, if he's a good boy.
Maybe Heath Shaw can go on a holiday to Arizona.
Didak and Dawes and Dayne Beams can go too, a nice relaxing time in the Magical Gypsy Land of Healing. They all could do with a bit of healing, with Didak, Dawes and Beams all injured and Shaw in desperate need of a few brain cells.

Maybe the little pixies and their fairy dust can weave their magic, creating hundreds and hundreds of grey matter, enough to fill the space between Heath Shaw's ears. (And mine too, I wouldn't mind some of those cells, to close my gap.)

And yeah.

No comments: