Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cooool.

Did I mention how I got 8 in my footy tipping last weekend?
Well, I DID.
:P

And my Dream Team won, and is now in the Top 8 on the ladder! Go me.
And for the last home-and-away Dream Team round, I am playing one of the bottom teams.
All I have to do is thrash the poor sucker, and 6th place is MINE.
So bubbly-making.

In other news, I'm reading the Uglies series at the moment.
It is very exciting.
I'm up to the 3rd book, Specials.
Basically, I totally shipped Tally & David, and then when Zane came along.. Well, Zane kind of rocked my world.

And Dr Cable is awful. But that's her job, so I guess it's okay.
But it's not Maddy's job to be cruel, yet she is so mean to Tally.
Okay, her husband died and it was all Tally's fault. Fair enough. But it's not ALL Tally's fault. Yes, she betrayed the Smoke, I get it. But Maddy knew about the risks of escaping the city, she knew what the Specials would do to someone who knows the truth about the operation.
She KNEW.
Why is she being a bitch to Tally?
Because Tally ruined her and her family's life and home?
Because David loves Tally so much and Tally goes and dates another guy?
Because David still has feelings for Tally, pretty or not?

Screw Maddy.
No wonder Tally didn't choose David at the end of the Pretties book.
It wasn't to do with Zane's big beautiful eyes, and his gorgeous pretty face.
It wasn't that David was ugly and Tally didn't want to look at him.
It was his MOTHER. His psycho-bitch mother, controlling him, informing him that pretty people aren't the same as when they were ugly.
Well, Maddy, I think Tally has proved that she CAN be the same, due to some bubbly activities and whatever, you're totally wrong. Go away.

A bit of a rant and a few spoilers, but DEAL WITH IT. :P
Also, Zane is a really cool name. I want one of my children to be named Zane. Or, as I will be a crazy cat lady in the future, one of my cats.

2 comments:

Penguins Quack said...

I disagree!
I can't stand Tally! I think she's superficial and you're giving her too much credit.
But each to their own. :P

Laura said...

Haven't read Specials, but so far, I still like Tally.

But she is kind of superficial, I guess. Like, noticing people's flaws and prettiness (and lack of) and wanting to be pretty herself.
idk, whatever.