Friday, August 20, 2010

ELECTION DAY.

Nothing interesting has happened to me lately...

EXCEPT THAT I VOTED. :)
Yep.
I voted for the first time in a Federal election. Win.
For those of you wondering, in the House of Representatives, I voted- 1: Labor. 2: Greens. 3: Family First. 4: Liberal.
And in the Senate, I voted Labor above the line. Yeah, I couldn't be bothered marking a number in every box below the line. WHAT EVEN. I have more important things to do, like checking my Twitter.

I don't know why I chose Labor (so don't even bother asking).
Some parties I was thinking of voting:

-Greens. They are pro-environment. And pro-climate change. And pro-same sex marriage. And pro-other stuff. But I thought maybe they could send Australia broke with all their policies and stuff. idk. And also, they said they'd put a tax on chocolate bars and KFC and stuff. WHAT EVEN. You can tax whatever you like, Bob Brown, but don't you go taxing my Mars bars! Rude.

-Aus Sex Party. I know what you're thinking, and no. Just, no. I only wanted to vote for this party purely for one reason: they are pro-Equality for both genders. (And pro-same sex marriage and the like). I didn't vote for them because I think they are pro-nuclear energy. Fail.

-Shooting and Fishing Party. The "fishing" part nearly made me vote for them. Because I like fush and chups. :). But because of my hatred for guns and shooting things, I didn't vote for this party.

-Liberal. I considered voting for them. idk. Whatever.

And yeah. There are other parties I was going to vote for. Like Family First or something. idk.
I don't know much about politics. I was just hoping for some party to be like, "FREE CHOCOLATE FOR EVERYONE!" or "Let's get Zoidberg_cool to have 100 followers on Twitter!"
I mean, seriously. Parties should really think more about their policies. :/.

Anyway, in the month leading up to the election, I was so undecided. People on Twitter would say to vote Greens, and other people on Twitter would say vote Liberal.
And there was ads on TV that were like, "Don't vote Labor, they are borrowing too much money and the debt is growing" or "Don't vote Liberal, they are bringing back WorkChoices!"

What a joke. Don't tell who NOT to vote for, tell me who to vote for. :(.

Whatever.
I voted Labor. All other parties can go drown in poo. Despite Julia Gillard saying she hated Collingwood, she got my vote. She should consider herself lucky.

No comments: