Wednesday, January 27, 2010

iPAD.

So, today, Apple released another product: the iPad.
(And no, it isn't a product to help with the layyydeeeees' menstrual problems...).
So, my first thoughts were: No, I'm not buying it. I've got an iPod, thank you very much.

But then I read THIS. ("THIS" as in "another blog where someone has discussed the iPad").
And I found out one feature of the iPad is to read books. Reading books on an iPad? BY GOLLY, WE'RE SAVING PAPER! SAVING THE ENVIRONMENT, OMG! :D.
Goodbye, library!
See you no more, bookshops!
:P.

So, I got all excited.
I hate going to the library because the book I want is never there.
I hate buying books from bookshops because the books cost, like 20 bucks, and I'm only going to read them once and shove them on a shelf, never to look at them again.
HENCE, this iPad is great. (Despite that the iPhone and iPod Touch already have an app for reading books... whatev).

And in the picture above, the iPad comes with one of those poke-y things, y'know. So, if your fingers are too fat, you can poke the buttons instead of pressing several buttons at once. (idk, I've never actually used an iPhone or anything so I wouldn't know the benefits of a poke-y thing. But whatever).

So anyway, I continue reading the aforementioned blog, and my excitement dies down.
FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR AN iPAD?
ARE YOU INSANE, STEVE JOBS?
There are different prices for the iPad, depending on what size you want and if you want wifi with 3G or without 3G.

The cheapest price is $499, which is for 16 GB and wifi.
Whut.
The iPod touch is cheaper, isn't it? So, why not just buy an iPod Touch? You get the reading app with the iPod Touch, methinks.

Unless someone can tell me what else the iPad can do besides reading, I'll just stick with going to the library and re-reading books I already have. COP THAT, STEVE JOBS! :P.

5 comments:

lucy said...

lol. well, last time i checked the ipod touch was around $250, so i think if you really want to read e-books, then go for the itouch. naturally :P

you dont like reading books, the old way? you don't like buying books?! :O

omg i love buying books! i have this thing where im COLLECTING books now ha ha :P

soph // and other things said...

At least it looks pretty. I will never give up on real books. One of my life goals is to have an awesome library with books from the floor to the ceiling.

Laura said...

Yeah, I like reading books and I REALLYYYY enjoy buying books but my wallet doesn't enjoy it AT ALL. :/.

I still want an iPad. They do look pretty, omg.

RUTH said...

i want an ituch
as if you dont love lincoln lewis
so hott
haha
though i have never seen home and away

Laura said...

I don't like Lincoln Lewis because when I was 16 or something, I used to read Girlfriend and Dolly magazines but then, they had too many "OMG SO HOT" stuff about Lincoln Lewis and I'm like, "HE'S NOT THAT HOT" so I stopped reading the magazines.

idk.