Sunday, January 27, 2008

WOAH. BOOK REVIEW.

I'm reading a book at the moment and guess what the main topic of discussion is. C'mon, guess.

Plastic surgery. The book is set in America and the girl in the book (Cameron) is really pretty, smart, good friends and a hot boyfriend. She just had a freaking nose job (she used to have a abnormally big nose) and now she wants boob implants. Her parents are like, "No way!" and she's like, "I'm freaking 18. I can do what I want."

Cameron has a little sister (Allie). She loves playing soccer but she has a big nose. But unlike her older sister, Allie doesn't give a shit about her freaking nose. Which is good. Saves money. But her mum is like, "Allie, we want you to be perfect. Let's get you a nose job." And Allie is like, "But my soccer team is going to Colorado and I need to be there or otherwise I won't be in the rep team."

But Allie doesn't want to say NO to the nose job because her mum would be disappointed.

Anyway, the book is called 'Fix' by Leslie Margolis. I would rate it 2/10 and I suggest you don't waste your time.

But read this book instead: Bryan Strauchan My Story by Peter Helliar and Paul Calleja

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, too bad it wasn't a good book. I don't think I've read it.
If you're after a good book about beauty and what not, then you should try "Invisible Monsters" by Chuck Palahniuk. It's about a model who's face is disfigured in an accident. She meets this crazy transvestite and they go on an adventure, rofl.
It's a little weird, but I loved it.
Also, Panic! At the Disco apparantly wrote their song "Time To Dance" about it. They're big Chuck Palahniuk fans 8D.

Laura said...

I see.. Sounds interesting... =]