Thursday, January 31, 2008

SCARECROW AND FOX!

More amusing tales. By Laura.

The garden was neat as Scarecrow walked up the path with Fox. He hadn't been here in so long. They stood on the porch and rang the doorbell.
A woman opened the door.
"Hey Mum," said Scarecrow, "This is Libby Gant, my fiance."
"Oh, Shane," cried his mum, hugging Scarecrow. "Come inside. Your brother is here too. You'll be sleeping in the second room."
Scarecrow and Fox went in and put their bags in the second room. The double bed was neatly made and the window looked out at the pool in the backyard.
"Wow! Your parent's house is beautiful," mused Fox.
"Yeah." They headed out to the lounge room where Scarecrow's parents and brother were sitting.
Scare crow sat down next to his brother, Eddie.
"Hey, this is my fiance," Scarecrow said, motioning to Fox.
"Whoa," Eddie said, amused, "You scored the perfect chick."
"Thanks." They got comfortable on the couch while Scarecrow's mum put out more food.

Scarecrow woke up the next morning and went to make some breakfast. His brother was already there.
"Hey, Shane." He looked up from where he was sitting.
"Hey there. What are you doing?"
"Thinking. Why are you so successful? And I am still living with mum and dad..."
"Dude, you should have been a Marine. I told you..." Scarecrow put two pieces of toast in the toaster.
"Humph. Could I have a piece of toast?"
"Uh, these are for me and Fox. Sorry mate."
"Fox?"
"That is her call sign. Mine is Scarecrow."
"Oh, I see. Is it too late to join the Marines? I mean, I did the training except for the last week..."
"Oh, Eddie..." started Scarecrow, "I could easily get you in."
"Whoa, thanks."

Scarecrow went to back to his room. Fox was lying in bed, awake.
"Hey Fox," Scarecrow said, smiling.
"Oh, thank you!" She took a piece of toast and had a bite.
"Any time." Scarecrow started to eat the other piece. "My brother is planning to join the Marines."
"Oh. That's good. Did he do the training?"
"Most of it. Would it be easy for him to join?"
"Yeah, if you recommend him. Remember that guy who joined last year? He got recommended by his father," Fox said between mouthfuls.
"Oh yeah. I'll call today." Scarecrow smiled and leaned back on his pillow.

No comments: