Friday, January 11, 2013

FANFIC #827424

"Where would you like to go today?" Starsky asked.
It was his day off, and he picked the place on his previous day off (playing an intense game of two-man cricket) so it was my turn.
"Umm," I said, thinking hard, stroking my non-existant hard-to-grow goatee, "The zoo!"
"The... what?" Starsky said, shaking his head in bewilderment, "Yeah, sure, let's go."

We packed some food and stuff, and hit the road, Starsky behind the wheel and me inserting my Glee Christmas CD into the CD player.
"Haven't you listened to that enough?" Starsky muttered.
"No," I replied, "One hundred and forty three is not enough."
Starsky sighed.

We arrived at the zoo, got out of the car, me still singing Jingle Bell Rock as Starsky put on the backpack and we headed in.
"I should write a zombie novel," I mused, as we walked around to see each animal. "This is good inspiration."
"How is this inspiration for a zombie novel?" Starsky asked, lathering his nose and cheeks with zinc.
"It just is," I replied, grinning at some monkeys.

After spending the whole day at the zoo, eating chips and chocolate and squished vegemite sandwiches from Starsky's backpack, we headed home.
"That was such a good day," Starsky mused, as we walked back past the monkeys and gorillas.
"Yes, definitely," I agreed, "Inspiration for my zom---"
"Don't say it!" Starsky yelled, pointing at me as if that would shut me up.
It did. I fell silent, gazing at the huge gorilla who was staring at me with human eyes.
"That gorilla has such human eyes," Starsky said, staring at the same gorilla that I was, "They look familiar."
"Hamish and Andy!" I yelled, excitedly.
"What?"
"Hamish and An---," I tried to say again, but the gorilla had leaped straight towards us.
Zookeepers were on the gorilla in no time, seizing it before it could get past the enclosure.
The gorilla ripped off his head.
It was Dilshan.
He looked right at Starsky, angrily.
"D'urgggg, why can't Sri Lanka win for once?" he yelled, as the zookeepers stood there, perplexed.
Starsky blinked.
"Don't talk to Starsky that way!" I yelled, "It's your own fault, play some decent cricket for a change."
Dilshan glared at both of us.
The zookeepers remained stunned.
Starsky blinked.
I reached into his backpack, retrieved an apple pie that had clearly seen better days, and chucked it straight at Dilshan.
It hit him in the face.
Score!
I high fived Starsky, and we bolted out of the zoo, got in the car and were on the road singing The First Noel before Dilshan could utter a single word: "D'urg".
THE END.

No comments: