Saturday, April 5, 2008

BAND PROFILE: THE WOMBATS

Band Name: The Wombats
Members of band: Matt Murphy, Dan Haggis and Tord (with a weird surname)
D.O.B: Probably in their 20's or 30's.
Significant Achievements: They have a couple albums and singles out. Except the first album (Girls, Boys and Marsupials) is only out in Japan. Their latest album is A Guide To Love, Loss & Desperation. Some good songs on that album are Let's Dance To The Joy Division and Moving To New York.
Not-so-significant Achievements: Nuffing!
Stalker Rating: Moderately High. They are a fawesome band and Matt Murphy is kinda cute and I guess there would be people out there who think he's hot.
"How can I become one of the said stalkers?": Easily. They have a Myspace, Wikipedia page and a website.
Other (un)Nessecary Information:
They have a song on their latest album called Party in the Forest (Where's Laura?). I find that so amusing because my name is Laura. =]
And Matt Murphy is a cross between two of my favourite people: Matt Lee and Mary Murphy. Geddit?
Photographic Evidence:
Their latest album cover. Go and buy it.

Cartoons, anyone?

Matt Murphy is the middle one.

3 comments:

limeywesty said...

I liiike the wombats.
Matt was on Spicks and Specks and was fantabulous.

Laura said...

Was he?? OMG! And I missed it. Bummer!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.